Tournament Chess Equipment Rental Service
Chess2Inspire provides chess equipment rental service to event organizers at an affordable rate. Rental revenue is for covering storage, transportation and maintenance costs. Each rental includes up to 60 weighted chess sets (with extra queens) and boards, and 60 DGT North American Chess Clocks* (up to 120 players). All rentals subject to approval by Chess2Inspire Association. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is a collaboration between Chess2Inspire and Victoria Chess. We sincerely thank Victoria Chess for their generous sponsorship in making this service possible.
Tournaments Sponsored & Supported
Chess2Inspire is the equipment provider of:
- 2016 Intermat BC vs Washington (sponsor)
- 2016 BC Closed (sponsor)
- 2016 BC Women Championship (sponsor)
- 2016 BC Junior Championship
- 2017 Kiwanis Beginners Tournament
- 2017 BC Open
- 2017 BC Youth Chess Championship
- 2017 Keres Memorial
Multiple Days Tournaments
$200 (include delivery and pickup**) - BC Chess Federation Tournaments, non-profit organizations, provincial/national/international tournaments
$300 (include delivery and pickup**) - Tournaments not listed above
Single Day Tournaments
$120 (include delivery and pickup**) - BC Chess Federation Tournaments, non-profit organizations, provincial/national/international tournaments
$200 (include delivery and pickup**) - Tournaments not listed above
Rental Terms and Conditions:
1) Chess2Inspire Association (the OWNER) makes no warranty of any kind regarding the rented equipment, except that OWNER shall replace the equipment with identical or similar equipment if the equipment fails to operate in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and operation instructions.
2) Request for rental must be received 14 days before the start date of tournament.
3) Rental charge must be paid in full in cash or by cheque on or before delivery.
4) No allowance will be made for any rented equipment or portion thereof which is claimed not to have been used. Acceptance of returned equipment by OWNER does not constitute a waiver of any of the rights OWNER has under the rental agreement.
5) The RENTER shall allow the OWNER's personnel to enter RENTER’s premises where the rented equipment is stored or used at all reasonable times to locate and inspect the state and condition of the rented equipment.
6) The RENTER indemnifies and holds the OWNER harmless for all injuries or damage of any kind for repossession and for all consequential and special damages for any claimed breach of warranty.
7) The RENTER shall pay all reasonable attorney and other fees, the expenses and costs incurred by the OWNER in protection its rights under this rental agreement and for any action taken the OWNER to collect any amounts due the OWNER under this rental agreement.
8) The RENTER shall pay the OWNER full compensation*** for replacement of any equipment which is lost or stolen or any equipment which is damaged, normal wear and tear excepted. The OWNER’s invoice for replacement is conclusive as to the amount RENTER shall pay under this paragraph for replacement and shall be paid in full within 30 days after issued.
9) The OWNER reserves the right to decline any rental request.
10) The OWNER reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
* Batteries are included and check before delivery but Chess2Inspire cannot guarantee the battery level or condition, please prepare backup AA batteries. PDF manual in English and French will be provided, hard copy manual will be provided upon request.
** Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Ladner, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Tsawwassen, Vancouver, West Vancouver, White Rock, please contact us for other locations.
*** Compensation for equipment replacement is listed here for reference only and may change without notice - $25 per chess set/board, $75 per clock, $100 per transportation case.
Chess2Insprie may sponsor the chess equipment for non-profit free tournaments, free school tournaments and other tournaments with approval, please contact us for details.